Old 08-12-09, 11:27 AM
kjc9640
Slo Spoke Jim

Bikes: 1982 Raleigh road bike & love it

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[/quote] I took my first spill on pavement on Monday. We went to the north end of the Suncoast trail. We got started way too late and by noon I was pretty wiped. I knew it was hilly but had no idea how hilly and with the heat I just overdid. When I went to get off my bike my legs were like rubber. Luckily nothing broken but I am pretty black and blue and have some road rash. We only did about 12 miles that day. I am getting a little disappointed as I want to ride more but with the heat I am having a hard time. I guess that I should be happy as 2 and a half years ago and over 100 pounds heavier than than now, I would have never even attempted to get on a bike much less ride that far. I am hoping that more gym time will help with the endurance.[/quote]

The north end of the Sun Coast is the toughest part of the trail, hill wise and during the heat of the day I am not surprised that you would get a little disappointed. Try doing your rides early in the AM if you can and once you get a bike that fits you will be doing 100 milers and think nothing of it. IMO more ride time will help with endurance but that's just my 2cents worth. Sorry about the fall