View Single Post
Old 03-02-05, 02:17 AM
cyclezealot

Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts
Many of our cheap, cheap hotels are pretty awful..Recall, one time there was no other hotel left in all of Long Beach..We had to choose a local cheap hotel, that would more likely be thought of as a house of action...Very noisy...Had mirrors on the ceiling..
We had to stay there...Because, we wanted to be very near the harbor to catch a boat at 4...
I would prefer hotels...You go with a group, makes hotels not so pricey...Sharing rooms...I like camping, but after 115 miles of hard climbing, puttting up camp seemed like a chore.Even in the country many of cheap hotels, are really flop houses that might not be safe..But, then camp sites can have unruly people about too.....
You plan to spend $30-$60 a night on Motel 6's...You will probably be safe ...To help organize safe and nice camp sites...Contact "Adventure Cycling" in Montana...They publish a cycling map that helps the touring cyclists to find decent accomdations, whether hotel or camping...I would not travel on bike without it...
Just decide which of their routes you choose , purchase those maps and your trip will much easier and you can ride assured to what the next night will bring..