View Single Post
Old 08-12-09, 07:50 PM
Nogyro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by doco

I stopped wearing bike diapers years and years ago, all you need are the lycra compression shorts and a Brooks saddle for ultimate comfort
+1 on the Brooks saddle with no chamois. I'm new to cycling and have been riding my old Raleigh with a Brooks B17 seat on it for the last 2 1/2 months (1,000 miles) with Nike compression shorts from Hibbett's Sporting Goods. After reading about all the great cycling shorts here on BF, I purchased a pair and gave them a try. Couldn't stand the feeling of the chamois between my legs, and I made sure I got a pair with one of the thinnest pads around. I exchanged them for a pair of Aerotech Design unpadded Pro bike shorts(8 panel) and couldn't be more pleased..... I'm riding up to 2 1/2 hrs without getting off the bike, and no problems with my butt or other tender areas. Also no cream used either. The Spandex evaporates the moisture real well to keep the bottom reasonably dry. YMMV

Here's a link to the Aerotech web site for the Pro shorts. Only problem is, I can't find the unpadded shorts listed on their web site anymore. I've had mine about a month or so. Give them a call and I'm sure they could make you a pair, they are the factory for their own line of clothing...

http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/menshort.htm