Old 08-13-09, 12:42 PM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
I did the HIT session with my racing club. We had about 20 racers show up and after warmup we started with 3X3 minute VO2 Max intervals up a slight incline. We gathered at the top and rolled down to the bottom for another. There was about 5 to 7 minute rest between intervals for complete recovery. We went off in waves versus a peloton but the group dynamics made it more fun.

The next part was an 8 mile section of slightly rolling road where we did 30 seconds at VO2 Max and 30 seconds at recovery. Once again spread out along the road. This was definitely tougher than the first one. I do not know how many we did but it seemed like a lot.

TSS was 130 and total mileage including warmup and cool down 30 miles.

Many of the racers who showed up were the younger P/1/2 and a couple of older guys but i still had them all by at least 15 years. The only thing that saved my @ss and allowed me to keep up is that this workout, as a trackie, is in my sweet spot. This was my hardest workout this year and I have a great mean maximal power curve that may hang around as a high water mark for some time.

I got out yesterday with my wife for a 30 mile ride and tried to keep my TSS below 70. I could still feel the intervals from the previous day on the ride. I let my wife drag me around. I ended up achieving my goal. Tonight is a roller workout. We will see how much is in the tank.