Old 08-14-09, 01:30 AM
Hida Yanra
VeloSIRraptor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Spooky Bikes

There has been a lot of talk in the Salsa Podio thread about Spooky bikes.
I'm partially to blame for going off topic at times, so I'm going to start a thread about Spooky bikes and hopefully the Salsa thread can be more dedicated to what the OP wanted. I learned a lot about the Podio, and the more bits I hear about Spooky, the more interesting it sounds.

I just ran across the Spooky bikes blog tonight, and Mickey (Mr. Spooky) has been writing some darn interesting & funny stuff.

I don't know Mickey at all, I've never ridden any of his bikes- but he seems like a genuine guy, and he seems to be 'all-in' trying to make his dream happen. He has been very forthright in his correspondence and very responsive to my uneducated questions about the specifics of Alum bike construction.

Our own local correspondent is preparing for a facility tour in the near future, and RTC looks to have snagged permission for a report & photo op.

Again, I've got no stake in this- I'm not saying anything good or bad about this guys work... I have no idea.
The powerful thing about the internet & places like BF is that without it I never would have heard this guy's story- and it sounds like a good one.