bhkyte

Bikes: 2X dualdrive Mezzo folder,plus others

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
[QUOTE=EvilV;9495254 I think people express pretty fair opinions here mostly,

I never rode a Mezzo, but its a damned UGLY contraption.[/QUOTE]

+1 on the comparative "reasonablness" of this forum.

Yes. EvilV I know what you mean about owning a Merc, apparently if you speak to some people it has loads of faults that the Brompton does not suffer from, ie the cables get tangled in folding ect. It does have issues,but some of the comments are complete rubbish.

What is all this about the look of the Mezzo? Go and test ride one.Than compare how you feel about its looks compaired to its ride. If the ulgiset bike rode the best I would choose the ulgist bike. I think the Mezzo is better looking than the brompton personally. I do not understand why this comment is used so strongly against the bike.

Bromptons, (Merc), are beautiful bikes? Really? I prefer the look of my modiifed Mezzo,to a standard one or a Brompton, but how important is it? I remember "Matt52"? stating that a ridden mezzo looks better than a brompton, but I do not see how this as important unless you are worried what people may say.

The main way I feel happier riding my (fast) 27 speed mezzo is that it is quick and brakes well. I can ride quick enough and stable enough to blend in with the traffic moving between 20-30 Mph, rather than impatient ques of cars developing behind me, rather like being on a road bike.I therefore feel much safer on it. Something I could not do on a standard mezzo or a Brompton, or Merc. But from my experience upgrading a Mezzo is the easiest and cheapest to reach the former stage.

Last edited by bhkyte; 08-16-09 at 03:20 AM.