View Single Post
Old 08-16-09, 10:33 AM
Riverside_Guy

Bikes: Trek 750

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh I know all about spoked wheels and potholes; after I bent the second front wheel rim on my motorcycle I got cast wheels! Yes I understand conservative ratings.... but 100? That would seem to give me a VERY hard ride. Not such an issue on the Central Park Loop (especially now that the whole of the East Drive is getting new paving) but I fear it would be a major teeth jarring on the Greenway, especially the northern route.

Think I'll do more experimenting once I get a good floor pump in my apartment, I've been using a pump someone left out in the basement bike room which means schlepping my bike up and down in a very small elevator with wood finish (I'm on my coop board so I can't be cavalier about scratching the nice wood finish!).

However, I'm also curious about why you suggest such an inflation... is it more to protect the rim from a heavy rider? For more performance (up to a point, putting less rubber on the road may slow one down)?

So I guess few talk about synth vs. real rubber in biking??? Or is it all moot because everything is synth these days?