View Single Post
Old 08-17-09, 12:52 PM
skinnyguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Competative cycling is over for now

i ahev been riding 2.5 years and training for 1.5 years. managed to make it up to cat 2 in ontario cycling. i would love to stay in 3 but i have enough upgrade points to get automatically moved up for next year. and I also won the O-Cup points this year for cat 3. we had a baby last year and my wife had her first day back to work today. time is to tight so i am coming to grips with the fact that i will now be a recreational cyclist for a long time before i can get back into competitive cycling again. i could probably try to make it work but with moving up to cat 2 which in ontario always race with cat 1 the extra training time i will need will take to much away from our daughter and family. i only trained an average of 9 hours this year and that seemed like to much time away from my family already and to make it to cat 2 on those hours is quite something in itself. i love my family more than my bike and that is that. maybe some of you can relate to my situation or have some tips on what the bare minimum is to stay competitive. i do not want to go to a race unless i think i can be on my game and mix it up or get a good placing. so in my eyes this is the only way to go about it.