View Single Post
Old 08-17-09, 02:38 PM
rando

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pascal's Wager= intellectual/spiritual dishonesty! so you don't think that when you die god doesn't know that you're only believing in him to hedge your bets? lol, I don't think that really counts as belief.... I started out wearing a helmet, but after a couple of years I determined that I just didn't need to wear it on my commute. it just was not that dangerous. I felt that the helmet gave me a false sense of secuirity also. another interesting observation: when I first started riding without one, I almost felt panicked at not having one on, like something bad was going to happen to me. I'm not sure if this was from reading all the stories about people dying without helmets or what.... but Somebody or something sure put the fear of god into me about wearing helmets. But I keep remembering that I cycled all during my childhood and adolescence helmetless with nary a scratch...

Cyclists fare best when they recognize that there are times when acting vehicularly is not the best practice, and are flexible enough to do what is necessary as the situation warrants.--Me