daytonian
elitist jerk

Bikes: CAAD9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skinnyguy
my wife was off for one whole year since last august, which afforded me my 9hrs a week to train. now that she is back to work there is no guarantee that the 9hrs would even be there. i am not saying it can't be done but it is more complicated than it seems. my wife is an ER nurse. means lots of crazy shifts like 11-11, 8-8, 7-7, etc. i work 2 shifts which means when i am on afternoons and she works there will be no time to train. its cool, i will ride on her days off and not turn into a slob, not that i would anyways but i will keep some of my fitness and maybe have more fun. its hard for me personally because everything i do i tend to take it to the extreme and when i have reached my peak i move on to a new hobby. i am far from my peak here but i know i can always bring it back when the time comes around again someday. my wife gave me a whole year to train how i needed and i made the most by winning a race and being one of the top guys in my class. now its time to get on with real life for a while.
my wifes an ER nurse too. I didn't race this year due to back issues. She will appreciate it more than you think. With 3 kids when I stepped back and really looked at how much time I spent re: racing it made me pause. What's never factored is the drive time to races and the races themselves eating up Saturdays, working on bike, and all the miriad of naps and tiredness that are with you at home. Some hard weeks I may of only done 8 hrs but was useless around the house from being so tired. If I do it again it will be on different time. Kids and wife are too important. And don't get me wrong, I love racing.