Old 08-20-09, 10:01 AM
Roll-Monroe-Co

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyBike
This is your problem Eric! But I can help you. Here is the protocol:

1. While you are still rolling, look them in the eyes and wave them through frantically. If they go, everyone wins (because I don't even slow down for stop signs if the coast is clear). No momentum lost =

2. They do not proceed because they have turned their attention to texting, tuning the radio, or attending to the screaming poop covered brat in the car seat behind them. If they are not even looking, I am probably going through the sign as far away from their bumper as possible, even if that means moving into the vacant oncoming lane. No lost momentum. Again -

3. They do not proceed and are actually LOOKING at me. I roll to a stop, put my foot down and LOOK THE OTHER WAY! Never EVER look at them once you stop! I glance down the cross street in the opposite direction as if looking for the next car coming (even if it is a one way street!). I look at my watch. I keep looking the other way until I hear their engine gun through the sign. I do not give the morons the chance to wave me through. I lost all my momentum, but I totally bedazzled a motorist with my legal action -

4. The motorist is chatting on a cell phone at a 2-way stop. I have the right of way. They ignore my right of way and gun out in front of me. Then, once blocking the street, they see me and slam on the brakes blocking my whole lane of travel. At this point, I either track stand or put my foot on the ground, lift my hand to my ear as if holding an imaginary cell phone. I then take the imaginary cell phone from my ear in a big sweeping arc and pretend to be jamming it up my bum. Then I point to them. =
BEST OF'ed.