View Single Post
Old 08-20-09, 01:27 PM
KitN
Female Member

Bikes: Citizen Tokyo (Silver), Schwinn Collegiate (1980's)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TRaffic Jammer
I've seen ppl taking naps in their cars parked in the bike lane outside my work....right under the sign that say NO STOPPING. FedEx and Brown types use it for parking all the time, and it makes a great rush hour pick up your dry cleaning spot. it's incredible what they'll do in it and not feel the slightest bit of anything other than complete and utter entitlement.I've often wondered what would happen if I were to try and "park" in their lanes.
+1

Originally Posted by HIPCHIP
there's also "Impeding Traffic" laws in my state, so just sitting and blocking the lane is a no no ( at an intersection the bike lane basically ends and can be used for turns). But the dipstick that came and attacked was way out of line!
In NYC there are laws that prohibit any blocking, standing, stopping, parking, etc. -- any obstructing of any bike lane. Bike lanes are a NO CAR ZONE.

You can cross briefly into a bike lane to make a turn several feet before the turn but not drive in the bike lane or stop in it.

Motorists abuse the bike lanes here daily. Is it as bad elsewhere in the US too?