View Single Post
Old 08-21-09, 05:45 AM
Ranger63

Bikes: mid 80s Ross Centaur converted to Alfine 11 09 motobecane imortal force, 83 Ross Paragon,81 Schwinn LeTour Tourist, 91 Paramount, 93 GT converted to city bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Carry on the ride

Spoke wrench (in the past 15 years I've had 2 spokes go but the riders I ride with have amased over 15 spoke breakages in thepast 6 years alone) A bit o tweaking can get you home without having to wait for the S.O. to arrive out in the boonies to drive you.
phenolic clad alloy tire levers. After having phenolic resin jobs either flatten right out or out right break while trying to repair a flat , I opted for the alloy jobs with the phenolic coating. Not everyone runs with flexible bead tires and not everyone pre stretches new tires before installing.
Schraeder conversion for the air valve (mines screwed onto the presta on the front tire). Before I converted back (heavenly chorus here)to factual pumps, I too often found myself in need of factual pump and the only ones available were for schraeder style tubes.
Factual allen wrenches.
They cost a bit in weight but I can individualize for what bike I'm taking and know I have all the allen wrenches I'll need.
Long rides/touring/century...a chain tool and spare link.