Old 08-21-09, 02:19 PM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermes
Cycle cross season is approaching. I have a buddy, with whom I ride on occasion, who always rides his cycle cross bike on the road this time of year. He is fast on the cycle cross bike as well as his road bike. I would suggest getting as nice a cycle cross bike as you can afford/meets your needs. You will be able to ride it on the dirt and the road. If you have enough power, it will not make much difference.

I have a road bike, time trial bike, track bike and tandem. I used to have a full suspension mountain bike. If I were going to ride on good dirt roads designed for cars and extend the ride to paved roads, I would get a cycle cross bike.

They will have to pry my road bike with my 11 cm seat to bar drop from my cold dead hands.
John that is a cool bike...gotta love English Racer style bikes...fun to ride.
Decisions...decisions. 11cm drop is pretty substantial for a half centurian. I run about half that on my Look 555. By the look of your neighborhood, you can do just fine with a narrow tire bike. That used to be the case with me as well but I guess now I need a dirt bike for those times when I don't feel like putting my bike in my car.