Old 08-22-09, 03:44 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
If on the road- I use a road bike- one of several I know but even these have different uses. OCR for if I may have to leave it somewhere- like shopping or doctors. Always will be locked and only for short distances. Then the TCR-C if steep hills involved- or lots of slopes over long miles- then this is the bike for me. Then Boreas- only a couple of steep slopes or a flattish ride and this is the one.

Same on mountain bikes. The Bianchi Hardtail for general going out and playing- especially in the mud as it does not block up. Then the Kona- Flat ride with hardpack as the front suspension is very short and very stiff. Find an idiot that would like to see what offroad is like- then the Tandem gets out. That bike gets me fit as people do find out how hard offroad is and wear out very quickly. Or jump off it at the bottom of the first downhill and phone their wife to come and get them as they ain't going on that thing again. It's a long ride back riding it solo.

I believe in the right bike for the job. From what I have seen of the 29er's- they won't do the offroad aswell as a mountain bike- and I know the existing road bikes work well on the road- in fact superbly well. If I were to do mainly rough trails- that the 29ers seem to be built for- then I would get the bike that is ideal for them- a Cyclocross. Not a hybrid with treaded tyres.

Spike Milligan