Old 08-22-09, 03:51 PM
cranky old dude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I voted 'Other'. Since I work rotating shifts with rotating weekends I can't even come close to a ride schedule, hell I can't even have a life schedule. I ride distances that are restricted by the amount of time I can spare on the bike on any given day. Some days I don't even get the bike out of the garage, other days I ride a century.

My scheduled work week consists of four 12.5 hr. shifts and I often get called in for one and occasionally two extra shifts.

All that being said, (all my excuses being listed ) I logged the following for the past three months:
June...607 miles
July....620 miles
Aug....540 miles so far, no doubt it'll be another 600+ month as I have 60 miles worth of commutes alone between now and Aug 31st.
EDIT: 08/25/2009.....615 miles, think 700 miles for August...I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

Some of those rides were 5 miles, some were 100+ miles and most were any and everywhere in between.

I am going to start riding a lot less in Sept as I have a Stockade fence to build and stain now that we've shaken free of the daily rain pattern we were stuck in for six weeks or more. Oh, and a garage door to fabricate and hang...well maybe, we'll see.

Great thread Dnver! Lots of interesting tidbits of info.

Last edited by cranky old dude; 08-25-09 at 08:38 PM.