Old 08-22-09, 08:26 PM
Rob P.
Fred at large

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SmokeDiver
Hi everybody! I wanted to see if anyone could give me some advice on a tire issue. I've had a Fuji absolute 4.0 Hybrid and never had a flat after around 1000 miles on it since I got it in January.
Hubris man, hubris. The flat fairy is gonna be hanging out at your place for this for a LOOOOONNNNG time.

I've been dropping weight pretty steady! I currently weigh 320 lbs. I don't look like I weigh that much because I have a pretty muscular and tall frame, so the guy who fitted me for my new bike might not have considered it when I got my new one this week.

I got a great deal on a 2009 Trek 1.2 road bike. I've rode about 10 miles on it and ended up with a pinch flat. I love this bike. I really do. 10 miles was enough to make me hate that hybrid. The road conditions aren't great here, and combined with my weight I'm afraid the 700x25c tire is going to keep getting these flats. Is there an option as far as tubes that I can look into and still keep the same tire size? Can I over inflate the back tire to compensate? Or do I just need to hang up the Trek and ride the Fuji until I've knocked off some more weight? Any help would be appreciated!
320 lbs on 25c tires should be ok if you keep the air pressure way up. But then there's the flat fairy issue. . .