trekker pete
pedalphile

Bikes: trek 1200, 520, Giant ATX 970, Raleigh Talon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C4C is a mind numbingly bad idea.

First and formost, where the hell is my money? I'm still driving my 91 accord which gets as mileage as good as a new car. And by driving it along time and making it last, I am saving further resources.

As for it being a stimulus?

BS.

It will give 1 good month to car dealers. Where will they be next month? I'll tell you, they will be selling jack$hit, because anyone who was thinking of buying in the next year or so, just did.

And how about the car companies? They get rid of a glut of cars and maybe boost production for a few weeks, but, then they will have to idle factories thanks to the absolutely dreadful sales figures they will have for the next year or so.

How would you like to be a manager in charge of forecasting production schedules and arranging vendor contracts. This stuff is a tough enough job without some buffoon in DC causing huge swings in consumption.

I will agree with an earlier poster in saying that this is the dumbest thing Obama has done, but, unlike that poster, I didn't vote for him and sure as hell never will after this stunt.