bhkyte

Bikes: 2X dualdrive Mezzo folder,plus others

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Diode100
Well no, I wasnt. I've had both bikes,
Which Mezzo did you have. The 2005? onward Mezzo bike are better for folding than the old bike. The newer QR releases the front wheel as opposed to 2 stage process before. It now features a mountage "click" QR front fork wheel system, and a better seatpost clamp that is easier to fasten and increases the stiffness. The upgrade fork system and QR is retrofitable at £100,and tthe seatpost clamp £15.

I feel that all folding bikes need some adjusting to. I find the lowering and raising the Brompton seatpost and rear frame clip arrangment a pain, but yes the mezzo fold can go wrong until you are used to it. I much prefer it to the Brompton now. The Brompton is better to push on the rack wheels, but again I have got used to the mezzos 2 rather than 4 rack wheels. I rarely used this feature anyway on any folder. With the mezzo I find I tend to unfold it more than I did with the Brompton or Merc clone. I miss the ability of the front QR luggage of the Brompton, but prefer the size, shape, aerodynamics and balance of the mezzo QR rear rack bag system to the front QR system generally. I have the ability of the front QR system on my curve if I need it for shopping.

Last edited by bhkyte; 08-25-09 at 12:09 PM.