View Single Post
Old 03-06-05, 12:06 AM
MHR
IM140.6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry you had a bad experience - but I agree "get a plate # if you can" - I always carry my cell phone just incase of such things while I'm out riding. When you do this stuff long enough you tend to see almost every situation good and bad. I tend to see more bad things as a runner than I do as a cyclist.

Just the other day I was flipped off and honked at by a driver who was turning while I was running through and in the middle of the cross walk at an intersection. To feel better I watched where the driver went and where he parked in a nearby business park...I continued to run trying to forget about it, but it just got on my brain bad. Now - I could normally just forget about this... but not today. I'm also not the type to do anything stupid, but like I said it just really got to me. As I was running I found a big rock about 1/2 the size of a bowling ball, I stopped and picked it up. I then ran over to the business park (cutting across a field) and placed the rock square on the windshild of the car, resting on the wipper (not hurting anything really)... just my calling card....I know where you work, I know your car and don't frigg'n mess with me again. I'm sure he will get the message.

Last year I had a guy who had his dog in the middle of the street (while chatting with someone in a car) and the dog was without a leash. As I ran by the dog bit my hand (which hurt like hell) and soaked my white running glove with blood. I yelled a few 4-letter words and told the A** hole dog owner - that his dog just bit me...He said why don't you come over here and talk to me like that - SO I DID.
He claimed that I must have been messing with his dog because his dog would never do such a thing. I showed him my hand and he just said "what are you going to do about it" while smiling and laughing. I tell you, I had to use alot of restraint to overcome the adrenaline flowing at that moment and not choose to clock this jerk-off square in the face. I just said I will have the Sheriff come to your house - Laughing he told me his first name and said he live right there (pointing to his house), and said - ya have the Sheriff come by. As I ran off and had alot of time to think about what to do, as I had to finish my 20-mile run with the Boston Marathon coming up. When I got home I photographed my hand and the running glove.

Well Animal control came to my house, took a report and went to the owners house right after. His dog was impounded for 10-days at a local vet (which he had to pay a daily boarding fee), he also had a court date scheduled on "Patriots day" the day of the Boston Marathon......he was also fined an aditional $200.00 in court....aaaaa sweet justice when the law works to get the bad guys.

Last edited by MHR; 03-06-05 at 02:10 PM.