View Single Post
Old 08-28-09, 04:30 AM
SaveTheRock

Bikes: 1950's Bianchi Something, 2008 Felt TK2, 2009 721TR,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Im not asking how to lose weight or for some magic weight loss formula, chomish (But thank you for reiterating something that everyone trying to lose weight should know!). I asked "Have any of you guys ever used BMXing to lose weight?". I know about caloric intake and expenditure and the importance of aerobic exercise in weight loss. My question, I guess, was one more of personal preference and personal experience and probably should of been worded differently:

Does anyone use BMX riding as their exercise of choice?

Could BMX riding be considered an aerobic exercise?

Dabac answered the second question with the suggestion of getting a heart rate monitor, which I ordered offline a couple days ago. I'm guessing, from what others said though, that it might be more anaerobic.

I know I can record everything I eat in a excel doc and do the math and lower my caloric intake till I lose weight. Or run 5 miles a day and eat what ever I want, like I used to in the service, to increase my caloric expenditure. But I'm just trying to find a fun mix I will actually want to continue after I drop what I want. And asking if anyone has tried to go this route. As for now, I bought a BMX bike for fun (stolen sinner), a fluid trainer for my road bike for aerobic exercise, and a HR monitor. As I said before, Ive been "counting calories". I have already lost a few pounds in the past two weeks. Hooray me, specially because my cuts have been realistic ones I can definitely stick with. I also stopped eating dinner so late which I heard is not good.

Thanks to everyone who has put in their advice, knowledge, or opinions so far.