Old 03-06-05, 10:20 AM
BaadDawg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wpflem
Beware of trusting yourself to the care of mexican practitioners.
Some of what this poster says makes some sense but much of it is nonsense. There are good and bad doctors everywhere including many in the US. My neice is a 4th year medical student in Saltillo Mexico (she is Mexican) and my sister is a licensed pediatrician in North America (she is Canadian) and I have spoken with them both about this very subject, plus have spent time reviewing both their training, and to tell you the truth there is very little difference. Access to more equipment and more costly drugs is more widespread in US, and yes there are some poorly trained doctors in Mexico, but, my Mexican brother-in-law underwent experimental arterial brain by-pass and my mother in law had a her colon removed and while the post op care is wanting due to resources, and there can be lineups, they received pretty much state of the art care there. And this was in the publilc Seguro Social system. The private system there can be better (or worse). Smaller towns definitely have inferior services.

In today's environment you almost have to be your own physician or at least be very familiar with what is being done to you and by whom. Generalizations just don't cut it.