wpflem
www.getafolder.com

Bikes: Brompton T6, Trek 3700 Moutain Bike, Dahon Boardwalk 6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclezealot
Mexico has an excellant medical school...If Mexico has a problem with medical care , I am sure it is related to regulation and not the fact all doctors are poorly trained..With research you can overcome who is a poor doctor.
My friend Joe is sold on his Ensenada doctor...And he now takes regular dental trips to Ensenada.
In fact..Anyone see , THink it was Lou Dobbs , as couple weeks ago...American insurance providers were actually advocating sending Americans abroad because medical costs are so much less elsewhere..
This from our beloved insurance companies...Maybe next gaul bladder operation you might find yourself in Thailand or Taiwan..Talk about the ultimate outsourcing.. wonder if they put you up in the Ritz...I demand they pick up my bar tab.

I concur. Not all care in Mexico is bad. I know some that some MD's in Mexico receive fellowship training here in the US, and I'm told that Mexico City has some first class facilities. The message was beware.

On the issue of outsourcing of medical care for US citizens, I have to agree that may now be a very rational way to go. With regard to health care being affordable or even accessible for many, our system is desperately in need of a fix, perhaps a revolutionary fix.

Another poster suggested that much of what I wrote was nonsense. I dont' think so, I have personally known a sizeable number of Mexico trained physicians and I've never heard one of them praise their training there. They felt it was a pay your money and learn-any-way-you can system. My favorite story is from a practicing ob/gyn who had to smuggle his own cadaver across the El Paso-Juarez border in order to learn anatomy. He said his training was so bad that I just wouldn't believe without having been there myself. He harbors a good bit of bitterness over his Mexico medical school experience particularly with the high fees and bribes he had to pay.