View Single Post
Old 08-31-09, 09:09 PM
Dahon.Steve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by acorn54
the elderly and infirm are not in shape to use bikes so they will always need cars to get around.
The question is not if the elderly and infim will always need cars, but whether they will be able to afford motor transport once gas hits $4.00 dollars a gallon again! The economy is getting ready to make a recovery so expect the price of gas to start climbing again.

What did the elderly and the infirm do in 1909 since there were very few driving cars? I went to the library to find out how peope were living in my town 100 years ago. What amazed me was the fact that people were doing the same things back then as they do today. Men, women and children were getting married, shopping, going to school and work all without the need of a car. Pictures showed very few horse and buggys on the street and we had only three train stops in town! You would figure that life must have been horrible but I noticed no suffering at all! There were no articles saying, "I couldn't find work or go shopping because I can't afford a car" anywhere in the papers.

Once all gas, oil and coal are all used up, we'll be right back to life in 1909. Civilization will recover and everything will be just fine.