Old 09-01-09, 10:08 AM
MorganRaider

Bikes: '10 TREK 7.7 FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KShep
The GC3s arrived from Amazon yesterday. I ordered the 'Small Race' version. According to Amazon dot com this ^ is the small race version 'cause this is what I got. The box denotes these are "small, for a woman". I can only imagine what the 'Large' bar ends look like.

In any event they will take some getting used to as they are ~25% larger than the previous set.

I do like the grips that are included with the bar ends. They are touted to provide an excellent support position to help relieve that pesky ulnar wrist/elbow/thumb bone going dead syndrome. I have mine positioned nearly horizontal...in parallel with the seat angle.

Mine are the Large size - It has do with the PAD for palm.

I also like having the bar ends more vertical so I can rest my hands on the end of palm pad and the bar end as if you are shaking someone's hand. This position simulates what a road biker might do "resting on the hoods". Another good hand position for me to wrap fingers totally around vertical part of bar-end. I will post some pics later on to show what I am talking about.