View Single Post
Old 09-01-09, 03:58 PM
enfilade

Bikes: Kona Cinder Cone 09

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
When it's raining outside, I just don't cycle unless I have to -I mean, why do something you don't enjoy? That's a good way to squeeze all the pleasure out of a hobby -so don't feel bad! Since I grew up in England (second only to Ireland for the rain, eh?) I think my basic dislike of rain comes from this.
ive got to say i love riding in the rain.. the other day i did a thirty mile one in thick fog and heavy rain, without waterproof clothes.. i was drenched from the start! but thats part of the fun, right? get out there next time it's pouring it down, put your head down and ride, you'll see what i mean

im from England too (the Northwest - where the Atlantic clouds empty as they hit the Pennines (the eastern part's a lot drier in comparison)) and used to get a bit peed off when i was out on a ride and the weather turned sour, now i just accept it and go along with it.. this makes it so fun.

plus, tating a hot bath when you get back in, dripping wet and freezing cold, really is great.

you probably think im crazy, but i'd hate it if the weather was the same for each ride... clear skies and bright sun for every ride from now 'till the day you die?

i'd find that depressing

Last edited by enfilade; 09-01-09 at 04:01 PM.