View Single Post
Old 09-01-09, 10:13 PM
nymtber

Bikes: See Signature...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, I made a trip to a "different" bike shop today. It is actually just a second store of my favorite shop, in a town a bit more out of my way. They had one coda, but it was a 19.5" much too big. I ended up taking a Specialized Sirrus (2009) out for a spin, and LOVED it. The position was perfect, and honestly the bike rode just like what I was looking for. It also feels quite a few pounds lighter than the Coda, which may have been frame size difference, too. I paid $479 + tax, $40 less than retail i believe.

The sirrus look very similar to the Allez (that I used to own) except shorter top tube and flat bars for a ride that is about 300% more comfortable. I got just the base model sirrus, so its got a very low end rear derailleur, but some day down the road if it ever causes problems, that is an easy and low cost swap for me to do.

Oh, I got the Gloss Blue frame! I get to take it back after a few hundred miles for a free tuneup, but most likely wont, as they are 30 minutes out of my way, and I have all the equipment I need to do it here.

Gonna get up in the morning and go out for 15-20 miles. Get used to her.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I appologize if I ever seemed deaf to suggestions. The guy at the bike shop (who also works at the main store) even said the sirrus was the first bike he thought of when I told him what I was looking for. Next time I will just take everyones suggestions more openly maybe some of my grandpa's stubbornness was passed down to me!