Old 09-02-09, 07:17 AM
meechahel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looking for some info: Bianchi Reparto Corse (?)

First post, but have been lurking for a while now. I'm just getting into biking and previously bought an early 80's black/gold Super Leggera on eBay for barely $200. The bike is amazing, but a tad too small for me (55cm) so I've been looking around for a larger frame locally.

I found a 1997 Reparto Corse (or at least that's what the seller describes it as) and wondering if it's comparable in quality to the bike I have now. I'm planning on making the trip out to see it / buy it later this afternoon - the seller is asking around $300.

Details: 59 cm, Campagnolo group set, 8 speed rear cassette.

Here's a picture of it. I can't find a similar model with a stem like the one in the picture, and it looks like none (or not a lot) of the bike is chrome. According to what I've seen, it seems like all of the Reparto Corse models are made in Italy - is this true? Also, do they all have Columbus steel tubing? If anyone has had this bike or knows about it, insight is appreciated. I'm really a novice here.

And just for the sake of it, a picture of the Super Leggera I have now. Most everything on it is Suntour Cyclone 7000, the brake levers are Campagnolo, and Araya 700C rims.