Old 09-03-09, 10:19 AM
obstacle
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If I see someone coming at me the wrong way, in a bike lane or otherwise, I don't move. I give those idiots no quarter. If anything I'll move over to push them into traffic so maybe they will have a fearful moment and learn a lesson not to be riding the wrong way.

Respect begets respect. Riding the wrong way in a bike lane or a street deserves none.

Originally Posted by lukasz

I also don't understand central park joggers running in the bike lane when there is a dedicated jogging lane which has the same exact road surface THREE FEET AWAY from the bike lane. WHY?! I'm going to start riding in the friggin' jogger's lane.
The "running" lanes in Central Park, the few they are (mostly in the southern end) might look like the same surface as the road but they aren't. Most of them are paved over concrete or stone (like alot of the paths in the park). Most runners won't run on them as concrete/stone makes footfalls much harder on the knees/legs. That is why most of us run on the main loop.

I'm both a cyclist and runner and do all my training in the park. When I'm running I try to be respectful of cyclists and not waver from my line and stay close to curb. On the bike I also don't waver my line but ride in the middle lane always, giving me plenty of room if someone pops out in front of me (FYI, I ride/run at night only when the park is closed to traffic).

Last edited by obstacle; 09-03-09 at 10:24 AM.