Thread: I hate cats.
View Single Post
Old 09-03-09, 01:19 PM
banerjek
Portland Fred

Bikes: Custom Winter, Challenge Seiran SL, Fuji Team Pro, Cattrike Road/Velokit, РOS hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by leamcorp
And what does it matter - does it bother you that they are out? Do they interrupt your life in anyway? Is it really too much of a bother to go slower around animal/elderly/children? There are lot more of obstacle to cyclist (other human) than few cats in your neighborhood.
Actually, it does matter. They eat the songbirds. They fight at night keeping people up and tearing each other apart. I have to be careful with my own dog in my own yard since these things are too stupid to figure out that even if their claws are sharp, they could literally be finished in one bite. Anything that darts into the street is a traffic menace. And although this is more of a cat owner thing, an insane percentage of them aren't fixed. I cannot tell you how many cats I see that are flattened or are wandering around with serious injuries or health problems that no one will tend to.

I don't care for cats, but I'll bet I look out for them better than many of their owners. Domesticated animals shouldn't run wild, and wild animals should not be kept. If people want to own something that basically lives outdoors and isn't a maintenance headache, they should get a lawn ornament. Many dog owners would also probably be well served by this approach.