Old 09-09-09, 10:15 PM
Daveyboy

Bikes: Roubaix S-Works SL2, Redline Conquest

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Roubaix S-Works SL2 vs. Cervelo RS

I'm trying to decide between these two bikes - help!!

They both seem to provide way more stiffness than my current ride ('06 Roubaix comp). And pretty good deals can be had for both. Mid 5k's for the SL2 vs. $3k and change for the RS. However, the RS needs new wheels to replace the stock RS10's, so add at least $750 there. Plus, the SL2 is full Dura-Ace but the RS is Ultegra SL. Both would be nice, but after testing the SL2, I was really liking the snappy shifting of Dura Ace vs. the smoothness of Ultegra - but is it worth the extra $$?

The LBS would put a set of Kyserium SL's on the SL2, which are nice wheels (I guess there were issues with the Carbones that were originally spec'd). So, after considering the wheels and the components, the price difference between the two seems justified.

One thing I noticed on the RS was the rear triangle seemed kind of 'springy' at first. Do any RS owners notice this? Perhaps a stiffer seat post would change things a little.

Both bikes rode very nice, at least compared to my current ride. It's a nice dilemma to have, but for some reason I can't seem to pull the trigger for fear I'm missing something.