ban guzzi
circus bear

Bikes: 97(?) GT Richochet, 00 Schwinn SuperSport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Made it to Austin, finally!

And happy about it. I guess there hasn't been a whole lot of rain until the last two days? Went riding for a few hours the other day looking up bike shops and places for coffee and internet. Dont' remember what bike shop it was but the mechanic I talked to had a beautiful Big Dummy w/ Rohloff! I think I can find it again and that may be my LBS of choice. Looked like nice people and they were all pretty helpful. We live South East so we take back roads in via 4th into downtown. You all have some very nice bike facilities! Looks to be some serious advocacy going on here. While there are a-hole drivers everywhere, around me so far they have been attentive and cautious if not overly happy(?) to share the roads. I'm very impressed!
Coming from Denver, this city has some nice rolling roads. Travis Heights comes to mind... Denver is flat as a pancake and you need to hit the mountains for hill riding.
Not so impressed with the level of bike theft here tho'. I'm glad we park our bikes in our condo in place of a kitchen table! Guess its time to blow some cash on a kryptonite chain to supplement the ulock.

So I've gazed upon ATXBS for info and that seems all well and good. I've never ridden with a group and would like to do some of those rides when I can. Up till 6 weeks ago, 30 miles was a good warm up for me and I usually did 60-100, with some foothills thrown in. I'm not the fastest but hold my own okay. Any recommendations for groups for me? I'm not all that keen on booze cruzes...
Oh yeah...I'm a clyde if that helps any.
Thanks for reading and the prior help with neighborhoods to buy into. We're just fine here. I've noticed people here get a little sniffy about Pleasant Valley but it reminds me of my area in Denver. No real change in that sense...