View Single Post
Old 09-13-09, 05:45 PM
gash44
Just a Cyclist

Bikes: 08 Trek Madone 5.5, 07 Lemond Versailles-Carbon, 06 Lemond Croix de fer-True Temper, 95 Bianchi Eros-Chromoly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by leinad
Hi fellow over 50 folks, I kinda lurk around the 50+ forum and post a reply occasionally, but this is may first thread.

A little pre question intro; I am 53, will be 54 very soon and the wife is going to be 50 in Nov. We are among the faster riders in our area and often have taken heat for it, ie. why do you guys always ride so fast...you ride too much, things like that. Well in pondering this question, while riding, I think I have found a reply and wanted some thoughts from others, or maybe better yet, comments on wether this has crossed your thoughts as well, so here goes...

My reply would be; "because someday I won't be able to do this anymore"

It often enters my thoughts as I ride on a beautiful road, race some young gun up a hill, or do 150 mile ride just because I can, that there will come a time when none of this will no longer be possible and in a personnel way it saddens me. Have or do any of you ponder this?

This forum has some unique perspectives and I will enjoy seeing what others have to say.

DAN

This is the reason I ride mostly by myself. I can go as fast or slow as I want and ride as far as I want and the only person that can be upset with me is me.