Old 03-10-05, 07:44 AM
Dannihilator
Still kicking.

Bikes: Bike Count: Rising.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 32 Posts
Not dissing the 5th element at all, after all that's what I reccomended. I've had some experience with the 5th element coil. I have none with the air, but have set them up before for other people.

Originally Posted by arwin
I only ride the Blur as an XC bike. I agree with Maelstrom, I don't consider dropping off a 10" curb a real drop. Konarider, have you had any personal experience with the 5th Element? It sounds like The Convert on a post above has had a much better experience with the 5th Element than I have. When the shock is working, which is most of the time, it is great, but two rebuilds in a month with street riding being the main venue is too much for me. I wish I were having the luck The Convert is having. Maybe the second rebuild will be better than the first. Either way I'll try to post my results in this thread or elsewhere.

Regarding lock outs. I agree completely. I bought the Blur with the 5th Element because I figured I would too often have the shock locked when I needed it unlocked and vice versa. I hope my first post wasn't misinterpretted. The 5th when it broke felt like it was locked out. It doesn't have a lockout.

Before I bought the Blur I tried a Specialized Epic just around the parking lot of the LBS and I didn't like the way the shock locks things out. Granted this probably wasn't a fair test. Anyone with a counterpoint about the Epic? The idea sounded like a good one, I just preferred the ride of the Blur.