View Single Post
Old 09-13-09, 10:26 PM
LesMcLuffAlot
Pedal faster not harder.

Bikes: Ummmm...Cannondale F4000..Ummmmm...Yeti ARC-X Cyclocross..Ummmm...Rocky Mountain Vertex TO with a BionX PL350 Electric Conversion...Ummmmm..Rocky Mountain Cardiac..Ummmm..thats it for now I think. I'd have to go look in the basement to be sure.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by daredevil
I'm very curious about bikes 2,3 & 4. Want to share any details?
Number 2 was originally a 2006 Lemond Poprad. The frame failed this spring.

This was right about the time Trek was telling Greg Lemond to GTFO and STFU. So they replaced it with the Gary Fisher Presidio frame and carbon fork. While waiting for the replacement I bought the Yeti. When I got the Fisher I rebuilt it with a flatbar. I feel more confident interacting with traffic with a flatbar for my commute.

Number 3 is a 2006 Cannondale F4000SL. It is my mountain bike. It just happened to have slicks on it for commuting for awhile.

Number 4 is a 2001 Rocky Mountain Vertex Team Only with a BionX PL350 electric assist system. The orginal suspension fork blew up, I replaced the front fork with a rigid one. It became my regular commuting bike for a few years. Last year I was toying with the idea of getting a gas powered scooter. I was commuting less by bike since it was using valuable energy that I needed for my "real rides" in the evening. Particularly on interval days. My LBS had a BionX system set up on a bike and I gave it a try. Bought one the next day. It lets me ride at 35kph/22mphish for the same effort it takes to ride at 25kph/16mph. I can soft pedal to work for my commute and not use up as much energy for my evening rides. You should try one. It doesn't make you lazy. I pedal as usual, you just end up going faster for the same effort.