momof4greatkids

Bikes: Serotta Fierte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by leinad
My reply would be; "because someday I won't be able to do this anymore"

It often enters my thoughts as I ride on a beautiful road, race some young gun up a hill, or do 150 mile ride just because I can, that there will come a time when none of this will no longer be possible and in a personnel way it saddens me. Have or do any of you ponder this?
This forum has some unique perspectives and I will enjoy seeing what others have to say.

DAN

Hi Dan!

Nice post. I highlighted the part that spoke to me, because I feel that same way quite often. And you and the Mrs are really quite amazing in what you have accomplished, and the challenges you continue to rise to, in cycling. I especially think it's great that you can share your passion for cycling together as a couple. I'm getting Greg to come along, slow but sure!

I'm not quite 50 yet, but I certainly see the years piling up and getting used to the idea that I'm not as young as I used to be.

I guess for me it will always be a matter of trying to be the best I can, no matter the age. I might not be able to rock a sub-5hr century when I'm 65 (well, I can't do that now, but no matter ) but I know that I will be able to enjoy myself on the bike if I adjust my expectations and try to make the best I can of what will undoubtedly at some point become a diminishing capacity.

Colleen