Thread: Dog Attack!
View Single Post
Old 09-15-09, 01:26 PM
VT_Speed_TR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Well, a few years back, as I rode my motorcycle thru a local neighborhood, 2 dogs appeared in the road. The car in front of me slowed way down, as did I. Next thing I know there is a dog on either side of me, and the one bites my shin, right thru my jeans. First thing I did was pull over a few houses down the road and called the cops. That way I was in the area where the dogs are local. When the police officer arrived, he took down all my info and informed me that these dogs have been causing issues with others in the neighborhood, and there are little kids in this area. The owners did nothing! As the officer took my info, the dogs reappeared, the officer told me to move behind him and said that he was going to solve the problem then and there if they came closer. The dogs ran away, lucky for them.

I contacted the owners, who were more interested in covering their butts, but at least the dogs had their shots. The owners said that they would move the dogs to relatives, which most likely just moved the problem to another neighborhood.

I now never try to outrun a dog, stop and confront. Should you be injured, at least the police will have an easier time finding the dogs.