Old 09-15-09, 04:58 PM
Mr IGH
afraid of whales

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Visited the Doc, gained ten lbs instantly :~(

Had a physical last March, Doc weighed me in at 253 (I'm 6'2"+ male, 48.5 years old today). I set a goal of 33lbs by Sept. Did the big lifestyle change thing, fixed my diet, ride my bike to work, mountain bike or walk 18 holes on weekends, took up Tai Chai. Weighed myself on the bathroom scale this am, 223lbs, went to the Doc for a physical and weighed in at 233.

OTOH:
lost 20 lbs as documented by the Doc
My bad cholesterol dropped from 220 to 134
My BP is 80/120, best it's been since I started with this Doc 13 years ago
My general fitness is soooo much higher, I'm bike commuting 16~20 miles, 4~5 days a week, Thai Chai on Saturday and then riding a killer 23 mile loop on Sunday (or golf/walking 18 hilly holes).

She (the Doc) was all pumped up and really happy for me, so I got over the 10lbs difference. We agreed that losing 20lbs more is a good target for Feb '10.

My glucose level is still a little high, she said it'll go down when I lose my belly.

Wife is kinda pissed, I'm hoping she can join me in the lifestyle change thing and feel the effects.

Lost all the weigh in my legs, arms, back...everywhere but my belly. That's just starting to get smaller. People are just starting to notice I'm losing weight, 40" pants are very lose, 38" might even fit!

I haven't lost any weight for the last 6 weeks, looks like I need to count calories....