View Single Post
Old 09-16-09, 10:57 AM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6219 Post(s)
Liked 4,218 Times in 2,365 Posts
Originally Posted by woodchuck69
I live in the "new" Commerce City. All the new construction north of the Rocky Mountain Arsenal. I moved here from a place that was all corn fields and farmland so this pretty much feels like a semi-arid desert with these prickly buggers hiding in the fields.

So how bad is the infestation of goat head thorns around the Denver metro area? I have been riding my mountain bike/hybrid that has some beefy Geax Evolution tires on it that are 2 pounds of tread and they laugh at the thorns.

I'm piecing my road bike back together and was planning on using some tubular rims I have, but I'm wondering if the thorns are so unavoidable that I would be better off doing some clinchers because eventually the thorns will get you no matter where you ride??
Epidemic. This time of year you can expect about 200 bushels an acre If only there were a market for the damned things
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!