View Single Post
Old 09-16-09, 05:00 PM
RoMad

Bikes: Litespeed Tuscany , Lemond Poprad, 1970's Motobecane Grand Record

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
1.) What kind of Bike do you ride (most often)? (Recombinant, road, Air Glide style, LandRider style...etc)
I ride a road bike and a cyclocross about 50/50. (a cyclocross is very similar to a road bike. It is geared a little lower and will accept wider tires.)
2.Why do you ride that? What features make it the best choice?
The road bike because it is fun and goes fast for a bike
The cyclocross so when I commute I can use wider tires for the gravel and sidewalk portion of my commute. It also has a very comfortable ride.

3.) Do you feel a need, or would like the option, for a performance oriented bike (if it's not already) with the features you listed in #2?
No, my road bike already is much more performance oriented than I am.

4.) What are the least pleasant things (bike wise) of your rides? (I.E. butt pain, back pain, hand fatigue, getting on/off the bike, riding position...etc)
My riding isn't unpleasant but the least pleasant would be very minor butt pain (which I alleive by occassionally standing up)
5.) Why do you ride?
For exercise and for the enjoyment of getting out and enjoying the weather, the countryside, and the time by myself.
6.) Anything else you'd like to add that you feel a younger person should know about being 50+ and still being an active rider?
When you are 50+ you will figure out that exercise makes you feel much better, but for now you really won't listen to us.