Old 09-17-09, 09:21 AM
destikon
FNG

Bikes: Raleigh Special * Nishiki MTN Winter Commuter * Trek Soho 3 * Specialized Langster Seattle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lord Chaos
How certain are you of the numbers? My guess is that if you had really accurate distance measuring equipment, you'd find the real distance to be anywhere from 7.5 to 8.2 miles. How accurately did you calibrate your odometer? How accurate is it even if given the correct wheel circumference? Are the tires inflated to the pressure you used for calibration? Is the temperature the same?

If I were doing it I'd call it 7 miles just because it's easy. The motorcycle odometer read 17.6 for my ride from Santa Monica to where I work in downtown L.A. I estimated 18 for the street route, measured 16 using a ruler and a map but it comes out at 16.92 on Mapmyride. I don't have a cyclometer. Who knows? Takes 1:15 to make the trip and it's nicer than being on a bus.
Google maps did this for me. http://www.flickr.com/photos/warmtra...95486/sizes/l/
So I'm betting it's fairly precise. I don't have an odometer either. I don't want one. They drive me crazy.

Originally Posted by rhm

Unless the 7.60204 is each way, in which case I'd call it 15 miles per day, 76 miles per week.
That one.