Old 09-18-09, 10:42 AM
Pugdawg1

Bikes: Marin Riftzone, Ridley Orion, Jamis Allegro Commuter , Univega road bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm a woman (35), that started cycling about 4ish years ago. I love it. Started off with a low end Rockhopper, got a giant ocr c3 road bike, moved on to a marin FS mtn bike and my Ridley road bike. I've acquired a touring bike, and a fixie, and an older Univega for when I just want to bike somewhere and grab a coffee or lunch and not stress so much about my bike being stolen.

I have done a bit of mtn bike racing.. enjoyed it. Even won a small race. Haven't gotten involved with racing the road bike, though I think of it. I own a car, but most of my miles I put on my bikes.. I commute to work every day on my touring bike, come home and either switch bikes or go running.

I met my boyfriend when I first got a bike. He's been such a huge help. He was a mechanic at a bike shop. Soon after, we started dating, he quit, we opened another shop. We since then decided to move, so he is now managing another.

I see a lot of women roadies here (Reno). It's cool. They have a few women's group rides but I'm usually working when they are riding. We try to really encourage the women that come into the bike shop. Many say they are intimidated and feel talked down to at other shops. NOT cool!

I can live without the free tampons (I can buy my own, thanks!), and is there anything wrong with victoria's secret? LOL

I will ride with anyone, anytime. And have no problem dropping any ego maniac male that irritates me. Or female for that matter.

Last edited by Pugdawg1; 09-18-09 at 10:54 AM.