Old 09-18-09, 11:58 AM
Grillparzer
Grillparzer

Bikes: Surly Cross Check

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Oddly enough I had been giving this very issue some thought lately. I imagined a high output battery

powered headlight with one central control, handlebar mounted, thumb operated switch with small

indicator lights in which a one or two headlights and one blinkie taillight or one bright blinkie taillight with

two turn signals can be plugged in to. I remember to turn off the headlight because I can see it, but I

rarely remember to turn off the blinkie light. Two headlights for those who want extra lighting/visibility so

they would have a low beam, high beam, and blinkie mode. Two turn signals because they're more visible

at night and as intuitive as pointing, perhaps when not blinking they could provide a steady on tail light.

A blinkie light that would be distinct enough in either design or pattern so as not to be confused with the

turn signals. How you could run all of this crap off one battery and control it with just one switch I have

no idea. It was my ideal solution, but I think it would also suck up battery life like a sponge sucks up

water.

Last edited by Grillparzer; 09-18-09 at 12:03 PM.