View Single Post
Old 09-19-09, 03:13 PM
MGtrack
Old School Track Guy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Did you do the Cotton Patch Challenge?

I met up with formerbrit and his son this morning. The original plan was to do the 41 mile route. Brit's 14 year old son had never ridden more than 21 miles and we thought that might even be pushing it. formerbrit was resplendent in his old wool British National Champion jersey. He looked great in it and I don't think his form was off much even though that particular jersey is over 30 years old!

Brit pulled the whole way to the rest stop at the 31 cutoff. His son asked how far is it and when we told him he said, "I feel great. Can we do the whole thing?" So off we went and did the whole 63 mile course, including the hills of Leonard (harder than I thought, but worth it!) formerbrit continued to pull the whole way (thankfully! I was beat after about 45 miles!) And his son was marvelous. We were both so proud of that young man for extending himself and riding so well! What a fine young man he is!

Anyone else ride it? The weather was near perfect this morning and it was really well organized and everyone helping had a smile on their face.

Crit's are tomorrow. We may go back and watch.