Old 09-20-09, 01:16 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Splather
Only got his number and Reg number. This might be a stupid question but it's my first knock and am new to this, but how do I find out his insurer?
Contact him as soon as possible. Unless he is not insured- this will cost him a new door. So he will be going through his insurance company.

Originally Posted by Splather
Thanks for the advice guys.

Now got a couple of bruises starting to show up.. Injuries seem to tie up to me essentially rugby tackling the door of his car at about 15-20mph. All looks like I hit the bit at the top with my left arm, and the inside of the door with my knee, bent the door back. Think the bike carried on underneath me and that explains the pedal-whipping

Does anyone know if in the UK you have to have a police incident number in order to pursue an insurance claim? Is there a time limit on how long afterwards you can report it? Starting to stiffen up a bit now, so thought might nip up a&e in the morning or something to get it recorded and get the knee checked.

Will definitely go with advice re: having bike checked over, don't want another accident in the near future!

Anyone know of any success with insurance cases for being doored?

PS: Anyone tried one of these No Win No Fee things?

No police incident no required but it is up to the other party to inform his insurance company or pay up himself.

And for future incidents--Police have to be called if there is any personal injury involved to either party- So next time- Limp like mad and get the Police called.

Spike Milligan