Bikes: Mikkelson MTB, NuVinci Road.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 10 Wheels
Interesting bike.
What does it ride like?
Well first off, if it was a bad hub/ride, I'd have no issue stating this.

I've not been into bicycles for close to a decade. So I'm not up on the latest lightweight exotic material frames.

In fact the reason I stopped riding was, I got tierd of getting flats and spending money on drive parts.

When a friend spoke of the hub, it peaked my curiosity. Once I found the nuvinci site and read up on it, I knew this was just what I needed to get back on the bike.

I called around to some bike shops and was given prices form $480.~$525. for a built wheel.

I than found a Caddy town bike NIB for $600.(too much, but I wanted this thing). I bought it, got it and got real sad! This bike was the biggest *** I've seen in years! The good new was the Hub is the latest gen and the frame is a nice quality Aluminum build. All other parts are K-Mart at best!

I had my old messenger bike(I was a Bike messenger for 12 years)and it has good parts, so I rob it of some parts. I wanted something upright, so the caddy was at least that.

The bike rides like a dream! No maintinance and Armadillo tires, I'm in cycle heaven.