View Single Post
Old 09-20-09, 09:53 PM
MJH2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carlosflanders
The placings for the 4a seemed correct. 30+ and 40+ were all over the place.

Even though I finished in the top third, I still ended up rolling along - maybe passing about 2 people per lap.

The race was won in the scramble for the front line. I don't know if anyone in the top 10 didn't start on the first row. Then it was a case of whether it would be the guy in 7th or 10th who would mess up the sandpit and let the leaders get away. Races where the results are decided in the first 20 seconds aren't for me. Not saying it's a bad course, just that this was one for sprinters.

MJH2, you'll be glad to know that the ChiCrossCUp are now introducing a late fee as well. $35 for a CX race is getting a bit rich for me. USGP is cheaper. I'm going to have to check out MO, IA and WI scenes. Having to win your race in order to earn your entry back is a bit daunting. I'll do a few more CHi races but half at most. Carpentersville, St. Charles and Bloomingdale are the only ones that entice me now.
The randomness I was referring to was the race for the first row. Of course, that's usually the only thing I get right at a race.

When did the late fee start? I get that prices will rise as sponsors cut back and insurance goes up in these hard economic times. Seems a shame that the rising costs won't be offset by the (seemingly, anyway) increased rider numbers?

I may have to make more trips up north, too... Cheaper racing, a much more laid-back vibe, and races that don't conflict with watching the Bears!