Old 09-21-09, 12:08 AM
fade

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tsuru
btw, fun looking commuter! How long's your commute each way?
only about 15-20 minutes!!

Originally Posted by ridethecliche
I'm confused as to why you have time stickers on the bike...

Wouldn't you want your commuter to look cheap so it doesn't get stolen? Just sayin'.

If you're building a commuter, it needs fenders and a rack...

In any event. It looks good! Would you get brifters if you moved to drop bars?
it wasn't going to be a commuter initially but i keep the bike in my office so it's safe.
i only need a few things usually so a backpack is fine for me... other days i take a cab
i'll most likely get brifters but i might try the current shifter/brake setup with the drop bar....

Originally Posted by Tsuru
Again.. you don't "need" them. All you NEED to commute by bike is a functioning bike and a body that's able to use it.

I've got wet feet, sweaty back, and a mud stripe here and there, what don't kill ya makes ya stronger. HTFU, get wet, get dirty, get sweaty, and ride others puss out... Ride smart, keep as much at work as possible/reasonable.

Besides... we don't know the length or intensity of OP's commute, nor the amenities OP may have at work, such as showers.

It's a sweet bike, man! Please update us of the progress!
i agree!! luckily i've been blessed to carry only a few things to work everyday, a short flat commute, and i keep a change of clothes in my office as well. the commute isn't long enough that i break into some serious sweat except during the summertime.