Old 09-21-09, 12:35 PM
McQz
Fran & Nanette

Bikes: Gary Fisher Wingra, 30 yr old KHS Mountain Bike, Used Yakima traile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We will begin doing more mountain biking as the weather cools and the monsoons abate - hardly any rain this year, but lot's of lightning! We'll still be road riding as long as there is no ice on the road.

One of the benefits of living in Winslow is that we have 4 seasons and even get a smattering of snow. However, while the thermometer may drop below freezing for protracted periods, it is usually sunny and clear enough for riding. If we want to see snow, we have only to head west or south for less than an hour, but we never have to deal with snowbanks or slush.

This will be our first Winter on the Ruby and Roubaix and we may be doing more 0:dark:30 rides, so we will probably be investing in brighter lights than the minimally legal Planet Bike 1200s. I've been enlightened by the recent threads regarding various systems, though somewhat nonplussed by the prices for high-power LEDs! I found the link to the Russian site with the comparison images particularly illuminating!

We are planning on doing the Tour of Tucson, but there won't be any other long rides this year. Like several others, I am shooting for something in the 160-170# range by next Spring. Unlike you, I have 40-50# to drop to reach that goal. I'll be satisfied to accomplish this goal by 2011 as long as I'm making steady progress. I've been losing a steady pound a week since I retired in July, so it isn't unreasonable to think I might be there by this time next year.

Well, it is lunch time and there is still half of a triple-berry pie on the counter