Thread: One more point
View Single Post
Old 03-13-05, 10:23 AM
Blackberry
In Memory of One Cool Cat

Bikes: Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by royalflash

And we should also stop trying to sell cycling as exercise and healthy. People HATE exercise and doing things that are healthy. We need to emphasise more basic things like the cost saving, the freedom, the time savings, the fun, getting out in the sun and getting nice legs. Appreciation of the health benefts will follow.
Too true. Just look at the number of McDonald's in your town compared with health food joints. I'm interested in safety, belong to a couple orgs that promote safe cycling, but sometimes I feel like we are a bunch of bible thumpers trying to convert the world's hotentots, who for some strange reason, don't want to hear our sermons about the meaning of bike lanes. In my view, it's a good thing we have this forum or we'd be boring our friends and families into the ground.